SetPoint Consultants is a national recruitment firm that specializes in the Title, Legal, Mortgage, Customer Service, and Banking industry. We have a growing national title company that is currently looking for an experienced Title Underwriting Counsel (Attorney) to help oversee functions in the Midwest and Northeast.
Salary Range: $100,000- $125,000 plus great benefits
We are seeking an individual that is dedicated and hard-working for this permanent position. Qualified candidates must be a licensed attorney in MO, KS, or Nebraska and have 3-5 years of title insurance underwriting experience.
The candidate will be responsible for interaction with agents; research, analysis of risk, making decisions on the insurability of titles; and the creation and presentation of educational and underwriting materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
· Make sound underwriting risk decisions (in service to customers, supervisors, and coworkers)
· Respond, in a timely fashion, to underwriting inquiries from customers (in service to customers, supervisors, and coworkers)
· Provide analysis and guidance on relevant federal and state statutes and regulations, court rulings, and opinion letters (in-service coworkers, customers, supervisors)
· Prepare bulletins, alerts, memoranda, and other agent communications
· Develop and update underwriting materials and resources
· Develop and present educational materials for employees and agents and employees
· Participate in the agent underwriting review process
· Support Agency with recruitment and retention of agents
· Support Claims Department with state law analysis and state practices
· Participate in cross-functional teams
· Research, analyze, and interpret statutes, regulations, opinions, court rulings, and professional legal and compliance publications.
Job Duties for Underwriting Counsel
The candidate will serve as a subject matter expert in providing title insurance expertise. The candidate will have professional communication with attorneys, clients, title insurance companies, government officials, and closing agents across the region.
The candidate must have a current bar license in the state along with a minimum of 3-5 years of title underwriting experience.
This is an immediate need and our client is currently interviewing. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you.
List of job requirements.
Current Bar License
3-5 years of experience as a Title Underwriter
Superior communication skills
Ability to work in a stressful deadline-driven environment
Excellent computer skills and legal software programs experience