We are currently recruiting for a Software Developer for a global company. The candidate can be anywhere in the US but our client prefers someone on the East coast. Direct hire day one, can consider candidates requiring new employer sponsorship, but unable to consider C2C at this time.
The Software Developer will be responsible for translating high-level business requirements into fully functional code. Manage requirements and scope to ensure delivery of functionality to the company with high-quality results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide technical subject matter expertise to software development teams responsible for systems designs.
· Coordinate with teams across the enterprise on the migration of existing IT services to the cloud; identify technical requirements, security requirements, and potential issues, and work through these challenges.
· Participate and lead agile software development while working with Developers, Database Developers, Business Analysts, and other departments to architect and implement new functionality.
· Develop moderately to large, complex application solutions by analyzing and breaking down system requirements.
· Responsible for quality control of all development deliverables.
· Develop, maintain, and implement standards and methodologies for software development.
· Responsible for interpreting system requirements to design and application teams.
· Transform system requirements into technical design and application code base.
· Independently analyze moderately complex system requirements and translate them to industry-standard technical design.
· Estimate development effort in support of project requests, based on documentation provided.
· Participate in code quality checks through reviews and code quality tools.
· Perform other related duties as required.
o Expert in Cloud-Native Development, proficient in JDK 11, Spring Boot 2.x, Spring Cloud, Spring Batch and Integration using Microservice architecture
o Well-versed with OOPS design concepts and a good grasp of architectural patterns
o Hands-on experience with unit testing/integration testing tools like Mockito, RestAssured, and Cucumber.
o Familiarity with event-driven architecture patterns.
o Git/Maven expertise.
o Working experience in building Images and Containerization using Docker, Docker Engine using an orchestration system like Kubernetes/Openshift
o Expert in designing and developing RESTful APIs, schemas, and documentation using tools like Swagger and dev testing using tools like Postman
o Knowledge of modern microservices security practices like OAuth2
o Microservices caching patterns
o Experience analyzing/tuning microservices performance
o Experience working with web servers such as Nginx and Apache
o Master-level knowledge of SQL language, triggers, views, stored procedures, and complex SQLs under Oracle or other RDBMS systems.
o Experience building and deploying projects using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
o Knowledge on transforming a legacy monolithic application to a Microservice based application
o Experience in designing, building and running load tests using applications such as Locust or JMeter
o Building and managing support and monitoring dashboards for high-volume APIs using tools such as ELK or Splunk stack
o Experience in Angular and/or React would be a plus.
o Familiarity with NoSql databases would be beneficial.
o API Integration Layer experience.
o Experience with Agile Software Development practices using tools like JIRA/Confluence.
o Proven expertise in troubleshooting and solution design for complex issues.
o Apply critical thinking skills, experience, and research sources in the design and implementation of technical solutions which improve usability, analyze maintainability, and scalability.
o Ensure best practice use of applications by keeping abreast with emerging technologies to ensure optimal performance of the applications.
o emphasis on code quality, peer reviews, and writing test-driven code
o Ability to create technical specifications, architecture diagrams, network diagrams, data models, object diagrams, process flows, and application development artifacts
o Experience developing a full project life cycle, from requirements to delivery
o Excellent Planning & Organizational skills
o Excellent communication, and documentation skills plus team leadership skills.
o Ability to research new technologies and create conceptual models or solutions and present them to high-level audiences across business, application, and technology domains.
o Proven experience with TDD, and ability to mentor others in effective TDD
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
- 4-5 years experience and bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Develop software applications using C, ASP
- Communicate software defects to software development teams
- Improving software and code design
- Use software development tools to maintain software configuration control
- Perform testing on new software development projects and legacy software platform products
- Perform software testing on both existing software and new features
- Build new software and improve existing software
- Define the control system software requirements, software specification, and software structure
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Integrate software components with the larger software system
- Participate in software/hardware testing
- Build automated software test frameworks for applications
- Improve software development and test processes
- Lead a propulsion application software development project
- Execute functional test scripts for custom-developed software applications
- Maintain application and system software documentation
- Perform development of complex software applications
- Assist associate software test engineers
- Manage embedded software designs projects
- Manage embedded software design projects