SetPoint Consultants is a national staffing firm specializing the Real Estate, Financial, Legal and Customer Service industry. We have a growing Trucking and Transportation company in Fort Myers is looking to hire hire a hands-on, experienced Human Resources Director to develop a HR department from scratch.
The successful candidate must be a dynamic leader, knowledgeable in all facets of Human Resources, including but not limited to: federal and state regulations, employment law, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, employee investigations, discipline/separations, performance management, benefits, payroll, unemployment and policy development. Candidates will also be instrumental in recruiting for positions in the company which include drivers, warehouse personnel and laborers. Candidate will assist the owner with developing policies and procedures for the company and implementing a yet to be determined HR software system.
Candidates that have worked in the same role in a manufacturing, trucking or warehouse type environment are highly encouraged to apply and will be given priority consideration.
This is an immediate permanent role and salary will range from $65,000-$75,000/yr.
Director of Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Recruit for open positions within the company.
- Responsible for interviews, preparing offer letters and processes new hire paperwork.
- Works with management in developing budgets.
- Develops and administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Must have strong employee relations skills and will routinely conduct activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, disciplinary action, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, employee reviews and employee recognition programs.
- Manages benefit plans and vendors including open enrollment and legally required changes.
- Manages payroll activities and payroll software.
- Administers FMLA, ADA, ACA and other activities required by state and federal laws.
- Facilitates safety and compliance requirements and stays on top of licensing for trucks/drivers.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations on a variety of human resources issues.
- Administers and represents employer in workmen's compensation and unemployment insurance matters.
- Coordinates training programs, performance appraisal process and compensation systems.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.