SetPoint Consultants is a national staffing firm and we have a growing client in St. Petersburg looking for an Application Developer for an immediate start. Below is the job description. If you are interested please forward you resume today for immediate consideration.
Pay for the role is largely dependent on experience. It will range from $30.00-$40.00/hr.
This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking and is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data. Candidate must have experience working with ASP.net applications.
Essential Job Duties:
• Translates business requirements into working foundational components for UI platform thus ensuring functional and non-functional aspects are met • Design and build new code modules as well as designing and implementation of enhancements of any size to fulfill business requirements.
• Ensuring next generation of web applications are built in a scalable, consistent andreusable manner. Collaborating with other members to refine UI standard and best practices as necessary
• Designs applications following core design patterns in a layered, modular and extensible architecture
• Effectively identifies opportunities for change, implements change and introduces new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose. Participate code reviews.
• Reviews implementations for key applications and provides technical direction including hand on design/code refactoring for the development teams. Understanding of Agile development strategy
• Involved in working with business stakeholders, cross functional teams and leading by example to other software engineering groups.
Qualifications and Experience and Skills:
• B.S. degree in Computer Science preferred and/or five (5) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience with best-in-class UI development tools through all phases of SDLC
• Well versed with various browsers – Chrome, IE, Firefox
• Experience in debugging, tuning and optimizing UI components
• Continuous delivery processes from automated build, test and deployment
Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions. Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Exercising Judgment and Decision Making
Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships both internal and external.